Cohausz & Florack (C&F), the Düsseldorf-based law firm of patent attorneys and attorneys-at-law is turning 60: when the partnership was founded in 1954, most and for all steel producing as well as railway and vehicle manufacturing industries ranked among Werner Cohausz and Wilhelm Florack’s clients. Additionally, they played a part in contributing to the establishment of Düsseldorf as an important venue for patent lawsuits in Germany. During the 70s and 80s, the law firm’s range of expertise was enhanced by the areas of chemistry and electrical engineering. Along with a rapid technological development in the 90s came the life sciences and telecommunications as new fields of consultation. Since 1997, patent attorneys and attorneys-at-aw have been associated at C&F.
Starting in the year 2000, more and more companies have had their inventions protected by patents. That is why the number of C&F’s clients has risen along with the number of its employees turning it into a modern partnership which by now has more than 100 co-workers, 24 patent attorneys and attorneys-at-law amongst them. Since 2010, C&F has been operating as a partnership company. In 2003, the law firm moved its office to the Metropolitan Building in the city centre of Düsseldorf. It is from this new venue that the law firm today gives advice on all matters concerning intellectual property protection and the adjacent fields of law to their clients including large companies as well as middle-sized enterprises. C&F has special expertise in registering, monitoring and administrating extensive patent and trademark portfolios for national and international companies. “With our interdisciplinary team, we offer our clients a high technical and legal standard. Thus, also for the years to come, we’ll be ideally positioned”, says patent attorney Dr. Ralph Schippan, C&F’s longest-serving partner for now 25 years.